These quick and easy Chewy Peanut Butter Cookies are exactly what you’re looking for. They’re made with standard pantry ingredients, come out of the oven in no time, and have the perfect moist and chewy texture. You will love them!
Chewy Peanut Butter Cookies
The perfect peanut butter cookie does exist. Chewy. Moist. And so easy. I’m telling you, these cookies are it. My perfect peanut butter cookie. They come together like a chocolate chip cookie (creaming the butter & sugars and then beating in most of the other ingredients), but they’re packed with peanut butter instead of chocolate chips. I’ve used this recipe as a base for other peanut butter recipes, and it’s a win every single time. I have no doubt you will love these chewy cookies! Happy baking!
What You’ll Need + Possible Substitutions
- Plant-based butter creams together with the sugars and makes for a moist, buttery cookie. You can use regular butter in its place if you’re not following a dairy-free diet.
- Light brown sugar adds sweetness and flavor. Light or dark brown sugar will work in this recipe.
- White granulated sugar also adds sweetness. You can use a raw or unrefined cane sugar (or even low GI coconut sugar), but the gram measurement will differ (see Note 1 below recipe).
- Peanut butter makes these peanut butter cookies! You’ll need the “natural” kind made with just peanuts, and it needs to be runny + room temperature in order to use it in this recipe.
- Egg + egg yolk bind the ingredients together while making these cookies so chewy and delicious. I haven’t tested this recipe with any egg replacements.
- Vanilla extract add flavor – don’t leave it out 😉
- Corn starch helps make these cookies extra chewy. Arrowroot starch or tapioca starch will work as well.
- Baking soda leavens these cookies and lends a hand to their perfect spread.
- Salt enhances flavor.
- All-purpose flour is the main dry ingredient. You can use a bleached or unbleached variety. If you’re looking for slightly healthier option, you can replace up to 1/2 of the all-purpose flour with a whole wheat or spelt variety like I did here.
More Peanut Butter Recipes
Chocolate Chip Peanut Butter Spelt Cookie Bars
Peanut Butter Swirl Brownie Pizza
Peanut Butter Sandwich Cookies with Whipped Ganache
Chewy Peanut Butter Cookies
Quick & easy peanut butter cookies with a deliciously chewy texture. If you're craving PB cookies then you need these!
- 1/4 cup (58g) plant-based butter stick, softened
- 1/2 cup (86g) light brown sugar, lightly packed
- 1/2 cup (113g) white granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup (128g) natural peanut butter (made with just peanuts), room temp
- 1 large egg + 1 large egg yolk
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp corn starch
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 1/4 (163g) cup unbleached all-purpose flour
- Preheat your oven to 350°F and line a baking sheet (or two) with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, beat together the plant-based butter (or regular butter) and sugars. Beat in the peanut butter.
- Beat in the egg, egg yolk, and vanilla extract. Beat in the corn starch, baking soda, and salt. Finally, use a large spoon or spatula to stir in the flour until all is combined.
- Scoop cookies 1.5 Tbsp in size, 6-8 at a time (per baking sheet). Roll the dough balls smooth and then press each one down slightly (you can use a fork if you prefer).
- Bake at 350°F for 8-9 minutes. Allow the cookies to cool for 2 minutes before transferring to a cooling rack.
- Repeat steps 4 & 5 until all cookies are baked, making sure the baking sheet(s) is room temperature each batch. NOTE: I sprinkled my baked cookies with a bit of white sugar.
- Store leftover cookies in an airtight container at room temperature.
- Sugar: feel free to use white sugar as the recipe is written OR 1/2 cup of raw sugar (107g), unrefined cane sugar (120g), or coconut sugar (83g) in its place.
Did you make this recipe? I would love to see!
Tag @sugaredandstirred on Instagram and hashtag #sugaredandstirred