Slice up your summer peaches and make this simple and rustic Honey Peach Galette! With honey, brown sugar, and fresh peaches, this delicious pastry is exactly the dessert you need to make all summer long.
Honey Peach Galette
Ah, the good ole galette. I love love love these pastries. They’ve got all the goodness of a pie – sweet fruit, perfect pie crust, and an impressive appeal – but without all the work! For my easy Honey Peach Galette, there’s no need to pre-cook the fruit, transfer any pie crust, or worry that your filling will “leak”. After rolling out the single crust in this recipe, you can assemble it all on one surface. The peaches are sliced and placed right on the crust and then drizzled with a mixture of honey, brown sugar, and cinnamon. For extra appeal, you can add sparkling sugar to the crust right before baking. Oh, and you’ll want to enjoy a slice of this pastry warm…with a scoop of vanilla ice cream for extra oomph 😉
How to Assemble the Galette
- After chilling the dough disc, you will cut a piece of parchment paper the size of your baking sheet. With a lightly floured rolling pin, you’ll roll the dough into a large circle, about 1/8″ thick, right on the parchment paper. It’s okay if the edges of your dough circle are cracked and/or a little lop-sided. That “rustic” element gives galettes their character. You’ll transfer the rolled out crust and parchment paper to your baking sheet. If the dough circle is a little big or too lop-sided, you can trim the edge with scissors. Chill the dough again while you make the filling…
- Next, you’ll fan out the sliced peaches in whatever way you’d like. You can make a circle, or randomly fan them out like I did. You’ll want to leave 1-2″ of a crust that you’ll brush with whisked egg and then fold up and over the peaches. Egg wash the top of the crust and sprinkle sugar over it for extra sparkle! Drizzle your sugar/honey mixture over the peaches and then voila! Your galette is assembled and ready to be chilled for 10 minutes before baking.
More Galette Recipes
Cherry Galette with Walnut Cacao Crust
Blueberry Hazelnut Galette
Strawberry Balsamic Galette with Coconut Oil Crust
Honey Peach Galette
- 1 3/4 cups (228g ) all-purpose flour
- 2 Tbsp (28g) unrefined sugar (or 2 Tbsp white granulated sugar)
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup (112g) cold plant-based butter (or regular butter)
- 3-5 Tbsp cold water
- 5 ripe peaches, washed and dried
- 3 Tbsp honey
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 Tbsp brown sugar (light or dark)
- 1 large egg, beaten
- Prepare the pie dough: in a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, sugar, and salt. Cube the cold butter and add that to the flour mixture. Use your hands (or a pastry blender) to gently mix/mash the butter into the flour until you have what looks like floury crumbs - some bigger chunks of butter (size of a pea) are okay.
- Begin adding cold water, 1 Tbsp at a time, to the dough mix. Use a spoon to incorporate the water. Once the dough reaches a point where it sticks together when you squeeze it between your fingers, you've added enough water.
- Use your hands to knead the dough a few times to smooth it out. Knead into a ball shape and then flatten to a disc. Wrap in plastic warp and refrigerate until firm enough to roll out (at least 30 minutes).
- Once the dough has chilled (the disc should feel firm to the touch), use a lightly floured rolling pin to roll the dough out into a circle on a piece of parchment paper (the size of your baking sheet). I like to roll mine slightly larger than my baking sheet so I can trim a bit of uneven dough off the edges.
- Place the rolled out dough onto your baking sheet, trim any uneven edges (optional), and place back in the refrigerator while you prepare your filling.
- Prepare the filling: halve your peaches and remove the pits. Place each peach half flesh-side down on your cutting board and thinly slice into 1/8" pieces. Set aside. In a small bowl, mix together the honey, cinnamon, and brown sugar.
- Pull your dough circle out of the fridge and fan the peach slices over the dough, leaving about 1-2" of crust around the edge. Brush the egg wash around the edge and then gently fold the edge up and over the peaches (it doesn't need to be perfect).
- Drizzle the honey mixture over the peaches. Brush more egg wash around the crust edge and sprinkle with sparkling sugar if desired. Place galette in the freezer for 10 minutes. Meanwhile, preheat your oven to 350°F.
- Bake the galette at 350°F for 40-50 minutes, or until the fruit is bubbling.
- Allow the galette to cool for 10-20 minutes before slicing to enjoy warm! Or allow to cool completely to slice and enjoy. Store any leftovers in an airtight container at room temperature.
Did you make this recipe?
Tag @sugaredandstirred on Instagram and hashtag #sugaredandstirred