This recipe is sponsored by Torani, and all thoughts and opinions here are my own. Thank you for supporting the brands that make Sugared & Stirred possible!
Steep your tea and prepare those pearls – it’s time to make your own boba drink! This easy Black Sugar Oolong Milk Tea is sweet, creamy, and perfect for when your boba craving hits 😉
Black Sugar Oolong Milk Tea
When Torani reached out to share their new Puremade Black Sugar Syrup, I was very excited. My family and I love getting boba together. Black sugar is a unique (to me) flavor that I’ve ordered to sweeten my boba-filled iced tea, so I couldn’t wait to try the syrup. Of course, for this drink, I pair the Black Sugar Syrup with my favorite oolong tea – a traditional Chinese tea – and creamy oat milk. YUM.
This drink comes together so easily. After steeping and cooling your favorite oolong tea, you’ll boil the tapioca pearls according to the directions on your packaging – Nathan ordered some black sugar flavored pearls (boba) for me, and they were perfect in this drink. You’ll add the boba to the tea, mix in that delicious Black Sugar Syrup, and top it all off with your favorite creamy milk. If you aren’t dairy-free, you can use whatever you like – whole milk, creamer, etc. You can also buy milk tea powder (there are both with and without dairy) to create a more traditional Taiwanese milk tea.
What You’ll Need To Make Black Sugar Oolong Milk Tea
- Oolong tea bags
- Boba pearls
- Torani Puremade Black Sugar Syrup
- Milk or creamer (I used oat milk)
What is Black Sugar Syrup?
Black sugar is a very unrefined form of cane sugar. It’s dark in color and has a wonderful caramel, molasses flavor. Torani took that flavor and made it into a seriously convenient Puremade Black Sugar Syrup! Add 1-2 Tbsp to your favorite coffee or tea – hot or cold! I have a feeling my morning cold brews are going to take on a new flavor profile!
More Torani Drink Recipes
- 1/3 cup strong-brewed oolong tea, chilled (see Note 1)
- 2-3 Tbsp cooked boba pearls
- 2 Tbsp Torani Black Sugar Puremade Syrup
- ~2/3 cup oat milk of milk of choice (see Note 2)
- Prepare the tea by steeping 2 oolong tea bags per 1 cup of boiling hot water for 10 minutes. Chill the tea in the refrigerator. To make exactly 1/3 cup of tea, steep 1 tea bag in 1/3 cup of boiling water for 10 minutes.
- Add the chilled tea to a glass. Add the boba and Torani SYRUP and gently mix with a straw. Top off your glass with your favorite milk - I used oat milk.
- For a quicker glass of milk tea, skip the chilling and simply add ice to your drink.
- Traditional milk tea powder can also be used. As can your favorite milk or creamer.