These easy Sweet Corn Muffins whip up quickly and pair perfectly with your weeknight chili! Top them with butter and honey or crumble them right into your favorite bowl of soup!
Sweet Corn Muffins
Honestly, these corn muffins are a couple of years in the making. We eat a lot of chili around here (hello, cheap and easy!) and every now and then, when I’m not dipping tortilla chips into my bowl, I like to whip up a new version of dairy-free cornbread. A few weeks ago, I finally decided to get serious about nailing down a tried and true recipe. These corn muffins are sweet (without feeling like I’m feeding my kids cupcakes in disguise), soft, and just the right kind of crumbly. They’re robust enough to slice and slather with your favorite butter and honey, but if crumbling is more your thing, then get to it, because these corn muffins are perfect for that, too!
Best of all? They’re made with staple pantry ingredients! As long as you keep cornmeal stocked in your pantry, then you’re probably all set to whip these up as a last minute accompaniment to your favorite hot bowl of chili or soup. Yes, even on a weeknight, because if you’re willing to make cornbread from a box (which still takes effort!), you’ll only need to take things one step further for these perfectly moist, homemade muffins!
The Ingredients You’ll Need
- All-Purpose Flour
- Baking powder
- Sugar – I like to use raw cane sugar
- Egg – I haven’t tested a vegan egg-replacer yet
- Oil or Melted Plant-Based Butter
- Plant-Based Milk – I’ve used oat and almond milk
- Whole Kernel Corn – optional, but I love it in these!
Sweet Corn Muffins
Quick and simple corn muffins to pair with your favorite weeknight chili or soup!
- 1 1/4 cups cornmeal
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup raw cane sugar (or regular cane sugar)
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 cup oil (or melted plant-based butter(
- 1 cup plant-based milk
- 1/2 cup drained whole kernel corn
- Preheat your oven to 350°F and spray a 12-count muffin pan with non-stick spray.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the cornmeal, flour, baking powder, salt, and sugar. Add the egg, oil, and milk and stir until well combined. Stir in the corn.
- Spoon or scoop batter into greased muffin wells, filling each well about 3/4 full (I ended up with 11 muffins).
- Bake at 350°F for 15-17 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into a muffin comes out clean. Allow muffins to cool in the pan for 5 minutes before carefully transferring to a cooling rack.
- Store leftover corn muffins in an airtight container at room temperature.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 258Total Fat: 12gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 10gCholesterol: 19mgSodium: 279mgCarbohydrates: 35gFiber: 2gSugar: 10gProtein: 4g
calculated nutrition information may not always be accurate
Did you make this recipe?
Tag @sugaredandstirred on Instagram and hashtag #sugaredandstirred
Leave a Reply