My favorite chocolate chip cookie dough paired with traditional s’mores ingredients – marshmallow & graham cracker – and baked into a skillet pie! Use your favorite pie dish or skillet to bake up this ooey gooey S’mores Cookie Skillet Pie.
S’mores Cookie Skillet Pie
With the summer season right around the corner, it’s officially time for all things s’mores! Finding marshmallows at the store has never been easier 😉 Grab a bag of mallows, a box of graham crackers, and your fave chocolate chips! This S’mores Cookie Skillet Pie has a simple graham cracker crust topped with layers of chocolate chips, marshmallows, and the best one bowl cookie dough. If you love your chocolate chip cookies warm and slightly gooey then you will LOVE this dessert.
What You’ll Need
- 2- Ingredient Graham Cracker Crust (recipe below)
- Chocolate Chips
- Cookie Dough (recipe below)
How to Make This S’mores Cookie Skillet Pie
For this dessert, you’ll need to make two of the layers: the graham cracker crust and the cookie dough. Both can be made in one bowl! The chocolate chip layer and marshmallow layer are just that: your favorite chocolate chips + marshmallows in any size. I used giant marshmallows I found in the “s’mores” section at my grocery store. You can use mini marshmallows or the regular, big ones as well. I like to slice the big mallows to create flat discs that will layer more easily.
Once you’ve pressed the graham cracker crust into the pie dish or skillet, you’ll begin to layer the chocolate, cookie dough, and marshmallows. I like to reserve about 1/3 of the cookie dough to spread on the top of all the layers. It’s important to leave some of the marshmallow exposed (don’t totally cover them in cookie dough) so that your dessert will look pleasing – we like to see those melty mallows! Once it’s all baked up, you’ll sprinkle some extra chocolate chips on top to make it all even more beautiful! Enjoy this dessert warm (dig right in or scoop it onto serving dishes) or allow it to cool completely to slice it up like a pie. Either way, you will love this!
You may also like my S’mores Chocolate Chip Cookies or S’more Rice Krispie Treats
S'mores Cookie Skillet Pie
An indulgent s'mores dessert made up of layers of crushed graham cracker, chocolate chips, marshmallow, and cookie dough! Grab a spoon while it's warm and dig in!
Graham Cracker Crust
- 1 cup (90g) graham cracker crumbs (about 6 graham crackers)
- 1/4 cup (56g) plant-based butter, melted (or regular butter)
- 1 cup + 1/4 cup (175g + 44g) chocolate chips (dairy-free if need be), divided
- 1/2 cup (112g) plant-based butter, softened (or regular butter)
- 1/2 cup (112g) brown sugar, packed
- 1/4 cup (54g) unrefined cane sugar (or regular cane sugar, raw sugar, coconut sugar - see Note 2)
- 1 large egg
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp corn starch
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 1/2 (195g) cups all-purpose flour
- 140g marshmallows (or 5 GIANT marshmallows)
- Preheat your oven to 350°F.
- Make the Crust: Crush up the graham crackers into fine crumbs by placing them in a zip top bag and smashing/crushing them - I like to use a rolling pin (make sure the bag is closed and free of air).
- In a medium bowl, combine the graham cracker crumbs and melted butter. Pour mixture into an 8" pie dish or skillet. Firmly press the crust into the bottom of the dish; set aside.
- Make the Dough: In a large bowl, beat together the softened butter and sugars until fluffy. Beat in the egg and vanilla extract. Beat in the corn starch, baking soda, baking powder, and salt. Finally, add the flour and gently mix with a large spoon until totally combined.
- Assemble: Grab the pie dish and top the graham cracker crust with 1 cup of chocolate chips. Then add ~2/3 of the cookie dough and gently spread over the chocolate. Add the marshmallows (see Note 3), covering the surface of the dough. Finally, spread the remaining cookie dough over the marshmallow layer, allowing some of the marshmallow to peek through (see photo).
- Bake the dessert at 350°F for around 15 minutes or until the top is golden brown. It's important not to bake this for too long as you don't want the marshmallows to melt into the dough and disappear.
- Immediately sprinkle the extra 1/4 cup of chocolate chips on top. Allow to cool for 10 minutes before digging in! If you'd like to slice and serve this dessert, you can scoop it out while it's warm or wait until it's totally cool to slice it like a pie.
- Store leftovers covered at room temperature.
- Plant-based butter from a tub can be used straight from the refrigerator as it's already soft. Stick "butter" needs to be softened. All regular/real butter needs to be softened.
- I used an unrefined cane sugar for my "pie". If you wish to use another kind of sugar, the grams measurement will vary.
- I used giant marshmallows that I sliced into thirds and layered in the dish. Feel free to use mini marshmallows or large marshmallows (sliced).
Did you make this recipe? I would love to see!
Tag @sugaredandstirred on Instagram and hashtag #sugaredandstirred
Leave a Reply